What students need to know
Steps to Create a Service Request
APPLYING TO BE ON THE FOOD PROGRAMME
We need to ensure sustainability of the Food Programme and have to ensure that the students who truly need the programme are on it.
The criteria for the programme are:
- Students must be registered at the University of Cape Town (Please email Edwina.Brooks@uct.ac.za if there are particular issue about your registration status that you need to alert us about.
- Students must not be in receipt nor eligible for the residence catering voucher
- Students must need to use the programme.
STEP ONE: INFORM THE DSA THAT YOU NEED TO BE ON THE PROGRAMME
If you are in the situation of student hunger and need to be on the programme, please email Edwina.Brooks@uct.ac.za so that you may apply through Peoplesoft.
STEP TWO: APPLY VIA PEOPLESOFT
Please follow this link to find out how to apply through Peoplesoft.
STEP 3: RECEIVE EMAIL FROM PAY AND CONNECT TO DOWNLOAD APP
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to download the Pay and Connect app to your mobile device.
- You will be able to download the Pay & Connect app on your mobile device. This app will be your “wallet” in which you will receive your voucher daily. Vouchers will be issued early in the morning and you will be able to see your updated balance via the app.
- Alternatively you may simply use your student card at a pay point because your student card is also linked to your account on Pay & Connect.
- You may redeem the voucher at the paypoint at any Food & Connect store on campus. The available Food & Connect stores are: Upper Campus, Health Sciences Campus and any Food & Connect Food truck.
- If you spend less than R35, the balance will remain in your wallet to be redeemed at a later stage. Balances will be cleared on the last day of the month.
The UCT Food voucher programme is made possible through: UCT Commercial Development, Food & Connect, ICTS Systems Development, Slide Financial, Department of Student Affairs and the UCT Executive.