- are valued at R40 000 per annum
- are valid for three years, subject to being named on the Dean’s Merit List in your faculty, at the levels specified by your faculty; for applicants who do not qualify for renewal, the scholarship is valid for the first year of study only,
- are not awarded in addition to faculty scholarships after the first year of study,
- are awarded at a pro-rated value for any student qualifying for staff tuition rates,
- are not payable, and, where already paid, may be refundable, where students enrol in 2022, and then withdraw their registration for whatever reason.
A Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship will be offered to an applicant if:
- you are among the top ten Mathematics, English and Computer Science Olympiad winners in 2022,
- you attend a WCED school in 2021, and when you write the NSC examination you are among the top 10 applicants in this category applying for admission to UCT in 2022,
- you attend school outside of the Western Cape, write the NSC administered by the Department of Basic Education, and are among the top 15 applicants in this category applying for admission to UCT in 2022,
- you attend an Independent Examinations Board (IEB) school and write the NSC in 2021, and you are among the top 5 2022 UCT applicants in this category.
Process of awarding scholarships
Scholarships are, in most cases, awarded after the final examination results are received, in January/February 2022. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive correspondence informing you of your award.